Beaux R'eves

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Strike Two!

Hello!  
Is it the weekend yet 
because I really need to sleep in!  
I feel like I have been going 
and going and going. 
My post title is Strike Two... 
If you read yesterday's post 
I talked about not really liking 
my blue and white dishes 
in the black dish cupboard...  
Well, Strike Two came about last night.   
I told you Mr. Beaux was going away 
for the weekend right?  
Well, last night he was doing some things 
around the house for me before he left.  
One of the things on the list 
was to help me put on the new bed-skirt 
that I had ordered from One King's Lane. 
It had come in the mail while I was away.  

One King's Lane

 I was really excited when I saw 
it a few weeks ago online.  
It is the same fabric as my curtains 
and pillow shams that I sewed.  
I thought it would be the perfect finishing 
touch to the whole room...

YIKES!!!  
It's nothing like the photo online.  
It's very seafoam green 
not the pretty soft shades of blues 
that I thought it would be...  
We put the bed back together last night 
and I thought that maybe I just needed 
to get everything on the bed 
before I made a final judgement.  
I know that it is hard to tell for sure 
by these pictures, but every time 
I walk in the room I cringe!  
I didn't even bother to iron it 
because I knew I would be sending it back!  
Of course in the photos 
it looks like it's the perfect match.  
Maybe I can Photoshop it in real life?  
UGH!  
I am not even sure if I can return it.  
It might have been final sale!  
I will have to call and plead my case 
to the wonderful customer service reps 
they have working for them.  
Well, thank goodness everything else 
in life is going well!  
Miss Beaux and I have big plans 
for the weekend that involve 
homemade ice cream!  

Now that makes everything better doesn't it?  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

11 click here to Comment:

janice15 said...

It looks from here they all match nicely hummm .. I do love the color.. so sorry though it's not what you really wanted try to return it some place have a 30 day policy.. with love janice

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I hate when that happens!! I just had to send something back to Ballards :-(
Now homemade ice cream sounds real good!!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That happened so often with online shops that I stopped buying - seriously.

I would suggest possibly washing it with a color safe bleach - maybe overnight soak? Or keep washing over and over with Oxyclean? It will lose that garrish brilliance in no time.They must brighten up their photos so much in photoshop, but it really IS false/misleading advertising, and I for one am just wary now to try again.

I;m sorry this happened to you, must be so disappointing!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Cindy,
Wow, quite a difference in color between there picture and yours. In your pictures it doesn't look bad, it just look
bright and not as restful as your comforter...........but if you are wanting serene and restful, it definitely doesn't do
the trick. Hope you can return it with no problems.............
and have a great weekend and a great time eating that ice cream....yum!
Blessings, Nellie

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

The bedskirt is beautiful however I know when something is just not right, it can truly make us crazy!...I hope you are successful in being able to return the bedskirt as it truly does not look like their picture...Your bedding it truly beautiful...Have a great weekend with that great homemade ice cream!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I hate when that happens. Glad you can send it back. Sometimes you can't.

Unknown said...

Oh no!! Hate when that happens. Here's hoping you can send it back. I m8ght just join you in the home made ice cream!!
hugs, Gee

This N That said...

It would be okay if it faded a lot. Needs a softer look. Ice cream fixes everything. Have a great weekend Cindy.

Jeanette said...

I hate when a plan is foiled! Yes I think it needs to go back as well, hopefully they will take. Those kind of things make me crazy when they are just not right. Ice cream makes everything better!

Alycia Nichols said...

I sure hope you're able to send it back. It's crazy how some things, especially colors, are misrepresented online. I don't buy a lot online for that very reason. I hope you're able to either get your money back or at least trade it for something else. Geez! The only other alternative if you have to keep it would be to wash the heck out of it until it fades to the right color. Kind of like we do with blue jeans.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I agree with Alycia. If they won't let you return it, just wash it - perhaps with a few drops of bleach, and maybe . . . just maybe it will be perfect. And then you'll have a great story!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".