Beaux R'eves

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Estate Sale Find of the Year!

I HAVE to share my latest and greatest Estate Sale Find with you!  I set out last Thursday on my rounds to the Estate Sales after mapping them out logistically so that I would end up close to where I was having lunch with friends at noon.  I had previewed all of the sales on EstateSales.net and was interested by the title "Lots of Shabby Chic Furniture".  This sale was kind of off the beaten path in the country.  I parked on the dirt road and headed inside.  It was pretty busy and I heard the lady in charge tell someone that there was a ton of fabric down in the basement.  Enough said, I quickly went downstairs and saw that the homeowner had a workshop in her basement where she made custom drapes and sold them online.  (I overheard others talking)  
  I saw these drapes in a heap on the floor.  The checked pattern caught my eye and you know how much I love Toile!  I wasn't really sure what they were at first.  I picked them up to take a closer look.
100% silk, this fabric had to be about $75.00 a yard wholesale!  Isn't this a great scene?  The fabric is a pretty caramel beige color with red print.
I looked all over to find a price, just to see how much they might be.  I was sure they were going to be at least $75 or up.  They have pretty fringe and trim on the top of the panels that match the side trim.  This lady knew what she was doing too!  They are lined AND felt backed.  When I took them home I measured them and they are 104 inches long and double width. 
I'm not going to keep you in suspense of make you guess how much they were per panel. 
 $15.00 for each panel. 
 Is that unreal or what?
Look at how perfectly they blend with all of my fabrics in my Hearth room! 
 I just picked them up from the cleaners 
and I'm ready to hang them.  
I went back on Saturday when it was half price day 
but it was mostly cleaned out by then.
  I did manage to buy two really substantial rods for $8.00.
  I also found lots of expensive trim from Conso and some fabric to make pillows with.  Oh, and a sweet little bench that I am going to recover for Miss Beaux's room.  

That Folks, is my Estate Sale Find of the Year!!!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
 Southern Hospitality: Thrifty Treasures 
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

20 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, those are fabulous. Love that fabric and what a steal!

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

What a tremendous purchase! $15?! That was an amazing buy! What beautiful quality! It was sure worth going off of the beaten path for! Life to the full, Melissa

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Oh my heavens. If there was an estate sale score award you would definitely be taking it home. Oh my goodness, they are just beautiful and I can't wait to see them up!

Cristina Garay said...

wow WOW! Only $15! You're right, that's the sale of the year, Cindy! Every time I check your estate sales I promise myself to look for them, but nah! I forget all about until I see your wonderful finds once again!
I'm happy for you! The drapes go so well with your decor!

Kathy Olson said...

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful!!! I love toile AND fringe. I would have been in heaven.

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous!! What a great find!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Wow, what a steal... You really found a great treasure. I love the look of them as well.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love love love them and can't wait to see them up!! What a deal!!

Rooms by Ann said...

You are so right, This is a sweet deal. I love them, I can't wait to see the finished room.

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

Wow! That was the Estate Sale find of the year! It looks so pretty with your existing furniture. I'm now following you. Thanks for stopping by Posed Perfection and leaving me a sweet comment about my fall mantle. I hope you'll visit again and maybe even follow me back. Have a great Labor Day and an even better week!
Blessings,
Nici

Kirby Carespodi said...

What a coup! Love the drapes.

Delightfully Curious Designs said...

What a marvelous find!! I am so jealous!!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Wow! We don't have that many estate sales around here and when they are there is not like that! and the price! I can't believe it! Way to go!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Those are gorgeous! I love toile, too. Great find!

This N That said...

great find..Does that mean that you won't be going to any more estate sales this year? :)

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Wow, you really did score! And they coordinate so well with your decor. Yep, you win the 'Estate Sale Find of the Year' award!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. Definitely a find for sure. Hugs, Marty

Katie said...

Those are amazing!
Katie

Pamela said...

Cindy what a fabulous find!!!

Sue said...

What an amazingly super price for those beautiful panels, Cindy! Get them hung so we can see how they enhance your room. :-)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".