On Friday I gave you a sneak peak
of a small project that I was working on.
I had this little project in mind for a while
but never got the chance to complete it.
Here's how it started out.
I found it at an Estate Sale for $8.00.
I thought that it had really great bones
but kinda Brady Bunch fabric.
I left it the way it was for winter
and had it stashed in the basement.
I walked by it a million times
and finally said to myself
"I am going to get this project done THIS weekend!".
Isn't the little flower so precious?
You can barely make it out with all that dark wood.
I deconstructed it
and pulled all of the staples out of it.
I like it better already.
It was covered with a layer of muslin on the inside.
And a layer of old fashioned batting
was underneath the fabric.
I painted it in ASCP Old White
and used a little dark wax
and a coat of clear wax.
I lightly distressed it with sand paper.
A new layer of batting covers the muslin.
I stapled the ticking fabric onto the ottoman
and then cut it as close to the edge as possible.
The fabric came from my same stash
of fabric that I made all of the Colorado pillows from.
Remember that great Estate Sale
that the seamstress lady had?
So much gorgeous fabric!
I thought a lot about what type of edge treatment
to use to cover up the staples.
I went to the fabric store
and looked up and down the aisles...
I wanted to contrast the feminine details
of the curvy legs with something a little more rustic.
I remembered that I purchased some cording
to use for pillows
and thought that was just what
I needed for contrast.
I think it works perfectly!
I'm so glad that I got this done!
It is such a little cutie now!
I'm not sure where it will end up yet...
But I will find the perfect spot for it.
It went from Brady Bunch to Beautiful!
Until Next Time,
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours
Don't forget to subscribe by email so you don't miss a post!