Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Scoot Over Martha

I hope you have enjoyed hanging out with me this week touring the Basement Remodel that I recently completed.  
Today I want to show you the last room that we tackled.  
The Craft Room. 
Who Doesn't want a Craft Room?  
I have a whole pinboard designated to Craft Rooms!  
Just the thought of everything in my reach and all organized and pretty just makes me swoon.  
Well, my client and BFF felt the same way.  
So we created a space just for her.  
And who did we look to for Inspiration?  
Why the Craftiest of them all, Martha Stewart, of course. 

Homedepot.com

These pictures are from Martha's Home Depot line of cabinetry, counter tops, paint and accessories.  My client loved the color of the cabinetry and the walls and my feeling is "Why mess with a good thing?"  
So, we used her color scheme and it came out beautifully.  
Here is the room Before.  
There's that groovy carpet again that was all throughout the basement.  The door and trim were all oak and walls were a steely blue.  The previous homeowner used the room for dishes and extra storage.  
 Hey, remember these tiny vanities?  
They were formerly in my client's Master Bathroom.  
My clients are both over 6 feet tall so leaning over these little guys was becoming a problem.  
So, we ripped them out and reused them in the Craft Room.  
Here is a picture of them installed and waiting for counter tops.  We raised them up by four inches by adding a platform to the bottom.  The uppers were in the toilet area above the stool.  We built a much taller one for storage in that room so we were able to reuse this too.
Here is a better look at the platform.  
We bought prefab laminate counters at Home Depot in Arctic White.  Mr. Beaux and Joe cut them down in the back because the overhang came out too far.  They just attached the counters underneath and screwed and glued it in the back.  With the white caulk along the seams you can't even tell it was cut into two pieces.  
The completed room!  
We used the same tile that is running all throughout the basement. The walls look more blue in my photos but they actually have a pretty green/blue tint as in the Martha photo.
We also created a knee space for sewing or computer work 
(Or most likely a whole lot of Pinning!).  
The baseboards and doors were all painted 
the same color as the cabinetry.  
I just know that wonderful things are going 
to be created in this space!  
I can just feel Martha channeling all of her 
creative energy in this direction!  

Well, Scoot Over Martha 'Cause 
We Got Our Own Craft Room Now!!!

Paint:
Home Depot 
Martha Stewart Living
Walls: Sea Glass
Cabinets: Sharkey Gray 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy

If you don't want to miss a post follow me by clicking on one of the links above.  



Sharing at:
  Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
No Minimalist Here Open House Party 
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays

 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday  

Stone Gable  Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits  
 Poutpourri Friday at 2805
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party

                                     Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
 Roeshel  at DIY Showoff

13 click here to Comment:

Olive said...

It's lovely and functional Cindy. You have been so good about reusing parts of the house.

DIYbyDesign said...

I love the idea of having a craft room. The one you created looks beautiful.

Blondie's Journal said...

Wonderful job (as always), Cindy! What a great idea making platforms for the cabinets! I love everything and so must your client!

XO,
Jane

Maureen Wyatt said...

That's a beautiful craft room and how wonderful to be able to shut the door on projects in progress and all the mess they entail! ~ Maureen

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Move over Martha, indeed. Your room looks fantastic.

ANNE said...

Sweet!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

That is a fabulous room! Gotta love Martha for her inspiration.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I want one! What a great room! One day....hopefully.

Katie said...

I love it. What a great re-use of old cabinets.

Unknown said...

Thanks Katie! I like to repurpose whenever I can.

Art and Sand said...

Oh, to have an entire work room. I am working on fixing up a little tiny corner of my husband's art studio. To have an entire room like that would be so fun.
You did a beautiful job.

PinkGranny said...

Wonderful! I love this room...I could spend hours there.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Wow, lucky woman. I have a "work table" on one side f the basement storage:) However, I DO have a DISH ROOM so I am a happy camper:)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".