Beaux R'eves

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Touches of Fall


Happy Friday Eve...  
I am happily anticipating the weekend!  
Can you tell?  
I wanted to share some Fall touches 
in the Hearth Room with you all.  
I tried to keep it simple this year 
as I have a million projects going on right now.  
Just a few leaves in a white creamer 
is all that was added to the vignette 
on top of the dish cupboard.
Mr. Beaux's grandmother painted this apple picture.  
I had always teased my Mother in Law 
and asked her when she was going 
to give me my favorite painting for Christmas.  
She made sure that it went to me when she passed.  
It carries so much meaning 
as do many things in my home.  
That is what makes a house a home to me...  
fond memories in each room that you enter.  
Along with the Fall touches, 
I have been busy with a project 
for our Colorado home.  
Remember the Shumacher pillows 
I showed you recently?  
And the adorable mini ottomans?  
All from the Estate Sale that I went to?  
Well, all of these fabrics came from the same Estate Sale.  
She had a lot of great remnants 
for $1.00 or $2.00 apiece.  
I picked out some coordinating fabrics 
to make pillows for the Colorado house.  
Aren't these pretty?
 Yesterday I sewed up SEVEN pillows 
to take up to Colorado this weekend.  
 I made easy envelope pillows (except this one) 
so that I could easily tuck them in my suitcase. 
I can't wait to show them to you all together!  
It should be a beautiful Fall weekend 
up there in the mountains.  
I hope you have a fantastic weekend too!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,



Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 



Follow Along!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

8 click here to Comment:

Stacey said...

That big lantern is gorgeous! Great move buying the fabric remnants too. The pillows are so pretty. :)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your Fall touches look pretty Cindy...LOVE all that fabric!!

Unknown said...

What a special painting. I have a cross stich piece from my Mr.'s grandmother. Actually the only thing we have of hers. We cherish it.
Luv the fall décor. Sigh.... Colorado in the early Fall. Miss it! My eldest was born in Colorado Springs. Have fun this weekend!
Hugs, Gee

Jeanette said...

How beautiful! You were so lucky to find that material for such a steel! The fabrics will be so beautiful as pillows. I really like all the fall touches you have added to your home! Have a wonderful weekend.

Salmagundi said...

Love those fabrics!! Hurry to Colorado -- the beautiful leaves here are going fast; but the weather is to be wonderful this weekend! Sally

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oooh Colorado sounds like a beautiful place to be in the fall! Love the fabrics and pillow forms you made. Have a wonderful weekend!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, your Fall touches are lovely! Love all of your fabric selections...you have such a great eye! You did a great job on your pillows!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

So beautiful!!!! Pinning and featuring you on my facebook page! I love your style!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".