Beaux R'eves

Monday, January 21, 2013

A Vintage Guest Room

Happy Monday Morning!  
I am so happy that today is a holiday, I needed the extra sleep!  
I have been working tirelessly on getting the house ready 
for my mom's visit.  
I'm sure she doesn't care whether or not my Tupperware 
drawer is clean or not but I do!  
Besides, it gives me an excuse to get some of these things done.  
I made some changes to the guest room 
while I was down there painting the bathroom 
that I shared with you last week.  
I am embarrassed to say that the inspiration for the changes 
came from some things that I found in the guest room closet
under a pile of linens.  
I had forgotten ALL about these treasures 
that I found at an Estate Sale a while back.  
Getting old and forgetting things really stinks.  
Or on a positive note, 
I guess that finding them under that pile of blankets 
was like Christmas all over again!  
Come on in and take a look at the changes that I made...
Can you guess where my Estate Sale treasures are?  
Yep, the florals over the bed.  
The painting in the middle is a beautiful piece 
that Mr. Beaux's grandmother Irene painted.  
I have had it forever and I adore the colors.  
The other two are hand painted still lifes in chippy old frames 
that I stole for under $5.00 each.  
When I hung these three painting up over the bed it led 
to a lot of other little changes.  
Isn't that the way things always go?  
I added the Ralph Lauren long ticking striped pillow and the vintage floral pillow to the bed.  
I switched the lamp shade out from the Paris black and white 
to this subtle toile shade that I found at Lowe's.  
I hung the large hand painted platter centered over the end table.  
On the dresser side of the room a few things changed also.  
This little lamp was also in the heap of lost treasures.  
It had an icky yellowed lamp shade that I switched out with this simple burlap shade.  
It wasn't quite tall enough for my liking so 
I elevated it on a couple of books.  
I added one of my favorite teacups and a fresh smelling candle.  

I love the color of these blue bottles.  
The candle holders remind me of driftwood.  
Paired together they seem soothing and calm like the ocean.  
I lined the shelf on the opposite wall 
with some of my favorite teacups.  
I conferenced with Miss Beaux 
(translates to I drug here into the 
guest room several times to ask her opinion) 
to make sure that I wasn't getting too Granny like with all of the florals and teacups.  
She either liked it or just wanted some peace and quiet...  
Hmmmmm, I am still not sure but it is easily changed.
The dropcloth slipcovered chair makes a nice spot 
for reading in the corner of the room.  
I made sure that there were a lot of magazines 
to peruse for my guest.  
I put them in this black and white bag that 
I spotted at Home Goods.  
And as a good hostess, I made sure to put out some amenities that would ensure that my special guest felt very special!  
A soft throw for chilly nights 
and a basket full of goodies in case of a snack emergency.
I think I might just sneak down here and pretend to be a guest!  
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO

linking up to:
  Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
 Kim at SavvySouthern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  
 Judy at DIY by Design
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff  
Stone Gable  Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits 
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

   No Minimalist Here Open House Party     
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Va
nessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party


          Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special


57 click here to Comment:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

what a beautiful room! I love all the details!

Erin~Just*Grand said...

I love this room! Great collectibles and it looks comfy too!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cindy, I love seeing this room again. It is always fun to find things we put away and forgot. Happens here way too much. Your mom will be so comfy in that room. I just love those paintings.

Stacey said...

That is one beautiful guest room. I bet your friends and family love it in there.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

OMG Cindy I want to be your next guest!! LOVE everything about this room! Gorgeous!
Just liked you on FB :)

Olive said...

Cindy, I love this room. The paintings over the bed and the linens make it just perfect. xo, olive

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty, Cindy! The paintings add a nice punch of color and I really love the collection of tea cups and saucers on the shelf...it makes the room seems so cozy! Did you make the coverlet for the bed? I love it. Well done. Guests are great motivation to get things done around the house! :)

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

Cindy- Your room looks beautiful and I love your picture "finds". Glad you got the day off- xo Diana

lynn cockrell said...

What a lovely,peaceful room! What guest wouldn't love to cozy up in there? I especially like the drop cloth decor and the lacy curtains. Well, everything really.

MONICA LIVAS said...

Wonderful room!

DIYbyDesign said...

Your guest room is beautiful and I love all of the amenities you provide for your guests. They may never want to leave! Gorgeous. It's kinda fun when you find treasures in the closet that you forgot about.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Cindy your guest room is so lovely. I love all of the colors and the touches of vintage. The bedspread is fabulous!

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, your guest room is so pretty! Love the soft colors and how you've arranged everything and all your pillows. Wish I could 'guest' in there! :)
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

foreverdecorating said...

So pretty, I have a soft spot for rose paintings too and tole trays. I would envision seeing burlap type drapes in this room with some muslin stripe going down the sides and a rose or too made out of muslin.

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Lovely! The bed and chandy are stunning.

Blessings,
Meredith

Maureen Wyatt said...

The guest room is absolutely perfect and you are a very loving daughter to put so much into making things just right for your mom!

Eclectically Vintage said...

I bet you have to throw your guests out since they'd never want to leave! You really did steal those paintings and I love the magazine bag!

I have a window on one side of my bed too - and have been wondering how to balance everything - you did an amazing job!
Kelly

Pamela said...

This room just gets more and more beautiful!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Had to share on my FB page - and forgot to mention the fabulous stacked suitcases!
Kelly

chateau chic said...

You have styled a very inviting, welcoming, and comfortable guest room. I'm sure your guests will feel very pampered!
Mary Alice

Karen said...

It's so pretty Cindy, The bed coverlet is so beautiful and so are the paintings and pillows. Every detail is perfect.

Unknown said...

Would love to be your guest in such a lovely and cozy guest bedroom. Love it all...especially the bedspread and all of the burlap touches. Thanx for sharing. The castle doors at my "royal blog" are always open for browsing, Tiffany

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

It is beautiful! I just love it. I am redoing my sewing/guest room and I'm doing bedding similar to yours....it is swoonworthy on your bed! I love the pillows and all the goodies you have on it! What a great room! And I"m sure she will appreciate the room, and the clean tupperware cabinet, and all the work you have been doing! Yay!
Blessings,
Debbie

Wild Oak Designs said...

What a cozy and charming bedroom! Your mother will appreciate it.
thanks for sharing!
Nancy
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...


Oh how pretty is that. I love all the ROSES! I've too been collecting them for years. So cute!

Thanks for sharing!
God bless....Brooke

http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
My home and garden site...

http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
My Vintage Art and Printables site...

Denise Marie said...

So lovely..she is gonna feel how much u luv her and enjoy how special a touch u made. My guests always have to stay in my 7th graders room. Lol

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Cindy, What a beautiful guest room! Thanks for joining the Open House party and have a wonderful time with your mom.
xx, Sherry

Alycia Nichols said...

You are so funny! I love your "conferencing" technique!!! :-) What a beautiful room! I'm sure your Mother feels right at home and very, very comfy & loved anytime she comes to visit! I LOVE the bed and chair covers!!!!!!! And Merry Christmas all over again to you with that wonderful discovery of floral art!!!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

This is such a gorgeous room! I think any guest would be so totally thrilled to stay in here! Beautiful and comfortable in every way.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So pretty Cindy! Visiting from TT&T at StoneGable!
Blessings,
Cindy

Home Chic Club said...

Hi Cindy! really reat room, calm and relaxed.
Created for enjoyment and relaxation!I am your new follower!
Blessings,
Vesna - HOME CHIC CLUB
http://vesna-kreativnostidrugesitnice.blogspot.com/

One More Time Events said...

I love this guest room! Beautifully done. Would love it if you stopped by http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/01/share-it-one-more-time-4-2013.html and shared it. New follower

Amanda said...

What a lovely room! Your guests won't want to leave! Thank you for sharing!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Unknown said...

What a beautiful guest room. I love your estate finds and your grandmother's painting is lovely! I would be thrilled to stay in such an inviting room!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Beautiful room, love the bedding especially!

Erin ~The Lemonista said...

Gorgeous! The strap hinges on the door are fantastic!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love this room. This would not be the guest room. This would be MY ROOM.

Becca Bertotti said...

Are you accepting reservations?! I'd love to "check in" to this beautiful guest room, filled with lovely furniture and styled so wonderfully!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! So elegantly done!

Robin Johnson said...

Your room looks so charming and cozy. It's lovely.

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Your room looks so comfy and cozy. Love the bedding and pillows!

Unknown said...

love everything about this room !!!!!!!!!!

The Honeysuckle Bus Stop said...

I am so in love with this room! I really like what you did with it and how cozy it looks and feels. Have a great weekend!

Jenna said...

Umm......can I come visit? It is gorgeous!

Jenna @ http://www.rainonatinroof.com

Roeshel said...

Oh my goodness, Cindy. Your guests are never going to leave! What a beautiful inspiring room...love every detail! Thank you so much for sharing. ;)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful room, Cindy! I just love the bed and the bedding. That bedspread is gorgeous. Love the pillows, too. I'm sure your Mom will be very comfortable in this room!

Unknown said...

This room is a total retreat!! It's so beautiful!! And I hear you on cleaning every little thing when company comes to stay with you - I clean out my tupperware drawer, too. Haha nobody's ever going to see it, but I can't help myself!

Farm Road Quilts said...

Sooo lovely! Can I come for a visit?! : ) I pinned a few of the photos.

Anonymous said...

I love the room especially the bedspread where did you get that?

The Charm of Home said...

Cindy, What a beautiful room. I love the contrast of the black with all of the neutral. Your Mom will enjoying staying here. Have a fun visit. You will be featured today at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Simply gorgeous~ sharing at the party tonight~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Anonymous said...

I love your bedspread and have been trying to find this forever. Would you please share where you purchased yours? Thank you.

Unknown said...

Love your guest room. The paintings and the tray are beautiful. Looks like Mom will have no trouble relaxing in that space.
Sandy

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

Cindy, I found you through French Country Cottage. this is a lovely room!

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Cindy!!!

I also found you through Courtney at French Country Cottage!!

I want to be the guest!! You've made the room very inviting with the beautiful amount of floral pictures and tea cups. It brings a warmth to the room.

I love the little changes, the lampshade(which I love), adding the two pillows...I can go on & on, but, I guess it comes down to, I LOVE THIS ROOM!!! LOL

Pam

Anonymous said...

Good way of describing, and pleasant paragraph to take information on
the topic of my presentation subject matter, which i am going to present in college.


Look at my blog post :: how to buy a car
my webpage > buying a car with bad credit,buy a car with bad credit,how to buy a car with bad credit,buying a car,buy a car,how to buy a car

Unknown said...

Love your guest room makeover. I just did mine as well. I am still looking for a few things to add. Can you tell me where you got your bedspread? I love it. thanks, Susan@ throughmyporchwindow.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".