Beaux R'eves

Monday, June 11, 2012

Faudree Find!

I *Heart* Estate Sales!  
As soon as the EstateSales.net email pops in my inbox 
I am checking out all the sales for the week.
  I scour every photo to find hidden treasures.
  This past week was no exception. 
 There were a ton of sales going on that I didn't want to miss.  
Unfortunately, there was a LOT of mulch in my future...  
 No time to go to Estate Sales. 
 I sadly looked at the pictures anyway, envisioning the bargains that wouldn't be mine. 
 What?  What's this? 
  Who is this cute little Frenchy? 
 And why is it in the middle of all of this eclectic furniture? 
 I spied the most adorable little three seater in a roomful of mid-century modern furniture.
  Surely it felt out of place and needed to be rescued!  
How could I let it down?  
It must find a new home where it can be loved and surrounded by it's peers. 
 Look at the exquisite detail on this beauty! 
 And it was so close to me.  A mere 5 minutes away!  
If I sneak out early I can snatch it up and be home in a flash.
  To the rescue!!!
Google
 Charles Faudree would be so Proud of me! 
 See that happy little King Charles Spaniel lounging at the breakfast table? 
 On a Country French Three Seater!!!  
It must have been fate as this very book is sitting on my old bench in the kitchen...  
I was one of the first in line and searched for my bench. 
 I found it in the sun-room at the back of the house just waiting for me.  $160.00  seemed like a great price for a bench like this in perfect condition!  
In the back of the SUV it goes.  
There and back in 20 minutes.
No time to play with pillows.
  I've got a lot of yard work to do!  

OK, maybe just a few...  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Southern Hospitality: Thrifty Treasures 
 Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design 

22 click here to Comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, it is wonderful. What a fantastic find. I would have bought it tooo. Love, love, love. Hugs, Marty

Linda said...

Yes it certainly is gorgeous. WOW! Lucky you.

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

How PRECIOUS! Few, if any, estate sales around here :( Congratulations on such a terrific find!
Nancy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow! Great find, Cindy! Love it and I was just looking at the newest Charles Faudree book, Details.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful find! To get that treasure I would have did the yard work with a flash light. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooh, you found a beauty. I'm proud for you and I know you'll love playing with it.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I love it! And yes I think Charles would be proud!

Trisha said...

It is wonderful and definitely meant to be!

~Trisha

Vintage Home said...

Screaming in my head...so wonderful! I am a huge Charles Faudree fan!...glad you took the 20 min to get it...yeah!

Linda said...

What a find!!!

Michele said...

What a fantastic score. I hope you can quit mulching and stay inside to admire it soon!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, you lucky lucky girl! It is beautiful. I never luck up on something like that.

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

I love that bench. It looks in perfect condition too. The price seems pretty good. I LOVE the pillows on it. Perfection! Visiting from Wow us Wednesday. ~ Jamie

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy that bench is GORGEOUS!!! I would have ran for it too!

Tiffany Interiors, LLC said...

You are one lucky lady:)

Scribbler said...

I am an estate sale junkie, too. That's a great piece for a grab price! It just makes my day to find something I love!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Such a great find ... and I love that you "ditched" the mulching and got there in time to be near the front of the line. And the pillows are darling ...

:)

Linda

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Cindy,
Thanks for sharing this awesome treasure here at Nifty Thrifty Tuesday...LOVE IT!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Laura said...

I love this stool. I have one just like it, but it's a distressed white. I want to strip it and make it a dark wood. Yours is perfect as it is. Great score! Found you through Southern Hospitality and again through Coastal Charm. Thank you for sharing! XO Laura at The Ironstone Nest

I Gotta Try That said...

Wow, I wish I were luckier at finding great stuff. I love this. I would love you to share it on my linky party!
http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
Thanks,
Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

I love this awesome piece. I wish I could go to an estate sale with you...well, on second thought, maybe not....you'd have to fight me for this one! LOL Yes, Charles would be proud!!!

Holly said...

I am bright green with envy! It's gorgeous... I've been searching for a 2 seater version for years and have yet to find it. You LUCKY lady!!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".