Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Second Chance at Getting it Right

Happy Tuesday!  
How is your week going?  
We are thawing out around here 
just in time to freeze up a bit more tomorrow!  
But the local weatherman assures us 
that it will be the LAST arctic blast 
that we will have this season...

I want to show you some changes 
in Miss Beaux's bedroom.  
Last time we were in there we were 
talking about the bedding.  
Well, truth be told, I kinda hated it... 
Heck, I'm not going to even link it to this post, 
that's how much I disliked it.  
Every time I went in the room I cringed.  
So, when I was out Shopping 
a few weeks ago I saw this...
At Stein Mart.  
I didn't care for ALL 
of the patterns and colors together 
but I loved the soft colors of the comforter.  
It had the pretty pinks and corals 
mixed with the soft grays...  
I also thought that it looked age appropriate.  
The geometric on the flip side 
of the comforter gives it 
a fresh spin on floral girlyness.  
It is from the Nina Home Collection 
by Nina Campbell.  
The comforter set came with the comforter, 
two euro shams and two standard shams.
I snapped a photo with my phone 
and asked Miss B if she liked it.  
Approval was met and so it came home with me...
I kept the furry gray pillows 
in the back for some texture.  
The coral pillow in the center is from Home Goods. 
Even though I liked the coordinating pillows 
I thought that they might be a little distracting 
while the house was up for sale.  
And that could be the end of this story...
But, as I was ready to start re-accessorizing 
the shelves around her bed 
a couple of thoughts struck me.
I hated all of the clutter in the shelves 
but I didn't want to leave them empty either.  
It's a very large room 
so normally all the furniture in the 
room wouldn't be a problem.  
But, it wasn't the look that I was trying to achieve...  
I talked Mr. Beaux into helping me 
take the shelves apart and move them out.  
Grumble, Grumble, Grumble...  
I have to tell you, 
as soon as we took the middle piece 
out it was looking better already.  
We hung some little star burst mirrors 
over the headboard that we found at Target.  
We had a showing that day 
so we had to get it together. 
I feel much better about this room now! 
I may tweak it a little here and there 
like adding a white matlasse to
soften it up even more...
but I am trying not to put any more money 
into this house so that I can save it all for the next one!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

9 click here to Comment:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Nice! Fresh and new. Well done. Neat seeing peach and grey together, always work well together.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I like the change. Removing the surrounding shelving unit definitely made the room look larger and the new mirrors look great there! That is pretty bedding and I like how you finished the bed out. Sounds like you're getting some fair activity on the house! I hope the arctic blasts are over with. I'm ready for some signs is spring!

S H Elliott said...

Loving the coral colors! Sheila

Unknown said...

I agree with what Liz says. looks so good.

Joanne said...

Love the color in your new bedding. I think adding a mattelise and folding the quilt at the bottom will make the look more soothing. Good luck on selling your home! I've sold many and know the hassle and stress involved. It's always a relief when that SOLD sign goes up.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

The new bedding looks great Cindy...I love the fur pillows you added in the back! What's the color on her walls it's so pretty!

Maria Elena said...

Absolutely beautiful! You made a great choice.

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Love the new bedding and the color combination! So pretty...wonderful choices!
XO Barbara

Nicki said...

I absolutely LOVE those colors together. A sophisticated spring palette. Great choice!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".