Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bookshelf Styling~Staging Our Home For Sale

Good Afternoon!  
Well it has been a busy week 
so far and it is only Tuesday!  
Right about now a Caribbean Vacation 
sounds wonderful!  
Especially with these temps!  
Thanks for all of your kind comments 
about the changes to the house.  
We have already had one showing 
and we have two more booked!  
Cross your fingers for us!  
Many of you asked me why 
we have decided to sell our home.  
We have lived here twelve years 
and we love this house, 
but it is only the Mr. and me with 
Miss Beaux away at college.  
It is a wonderful family home 
that is great for kids and entertaining 
but now we only use about three rooms 
on the main floor.  
Time to let it go to a new family 
that can enjoy all of this wonderful space!  
 When the photographer came over last week 
to take pictures, I asked him to take the photo 
at this angle.  Why?  
Because I still haven't finished my cabinet!  
You won't tell anyone will you?  
Besides the unfinished cabinet,
I did make a few other small 
changes in the Living Room.  
I restyled the built in bookcases 
and the mantel over the fireplace.  
I had been collecting blue and white pieces 
at Estate Sales and was so happy 
to use them in this room.  
My goal was to create a balanced 
and uniform look to the bookcases 
without crowding them too much.  
A few Blue Willow plates 
were mixed in with white ceramic birds 
that my mother made for my Nana 
many, many years ago.  
(there used to be three but some toe headed child broke one) 
I found these books at an Estate Sale also.  
I need to collect more...
I just got lucky when I found two 
of these jars with silver lids 
and the little footed bowls that are on the mantel.  
I love the symmetry of the mantel.  
I picked up the boxwood 
topiary pieces at Stein Mart.  
They add just the right touch.
 Perfect Simplicity!
 More books on the other side to balance it out.  
I stole some of these from Miss Beaux.  
Whenever we go Estate Sale-ing 
I always find her in the book section 
leafing through old books.  
She loves reading as much as her Nana does!
The little squirrels are a nod to fall.  
I had better start thinking 
Christmas pretty soon!  
More blue and white on the cocktail table.  
Fresh pears make a great centerpiece, 
inexpensive and they last a long time.  
Besides, you can eat them 
when you are ready to switch them out! 

Thanks for stopping by 
and thank you again 
for all of your well wishes on the sale of the house.  
Keep your fingers crossed for us!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
Sweet Dreams,


Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

11 click here to Comment:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy I love all your blue and white pieces...the room looks beautiful!! I started to add more blue and white pieces around our home too...I love it.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is just a stunning room! You really have such a great style...very elegant but warm. The blue and white pieces are always a classic. I love your shelves, they are perfectly balanced and the old books are wonderful!

I wish you all the best in selling your home. I would be a bit sad, but change is good. And I can't wait to see how you decorate the next place! ;-D

Jane xx

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow. It looks like Architectural Digest. That was the best angle to photograph.

Cristina Garay said...

Oh my goodness Cindy! It's all dead gorgeous! I love all the styling you did. Saving for inspiration!

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

I love your home. It is drop dead gorgeous!! I love how you styled your bookcases. The blue and white pieces pop!!

Unknown said...

I love following your blog, and enjoy your talented styling! Will you purchase a smaller home, or relocate to Colorado?

-Lisa said...

Oh my, I would buy this house in a flash! And insist you leave all your beautiful belongings :-)
Beautiful styling.
Fondly,
-Lisa

This N That said...

So simple and tasteful Cindy...such a gorgeous home. I would have a hard time leaving it. I'm sure the next one will be beautiful as well. Good luck

Alycia Nichols said...

I understand the reason for moving, but gosh...such a pretty house! I know you'll make the new one just as gorgeous, though. NO doubt about that. Meanwhile, you are making this one look SO inviting for prospective buyers. You'll be outta there in no time!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and happy estate-saleing!!!

Jeanette said...

It's such a beautiful home, it's going to be hard for you to say goodbye to it. I do understand your reasons though. Your living room looks so elegant and beautiful I hope someone who will appreciate it as much as you will buy your home.

Suzanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".